"I believe that people are the product of their environment. If the spaces we inhabit are designed to enhance our humanity, then it stands to reason that interior design can change the world"
Ms Angela Ferguson
As the Managing Director of Australia’s leading interior design and architectural practice, Futurespace, Angela Ferguson is an experienced and informed presenter who speaks with passion and vision on the topics of human centred design, people as the product of their environment and what the future spaces we inhabit will look like.
Futurespace is renowned for creating innovative, futuristic, and award winning designs for some of Australia’s leading companies including Google, Microsoft, PwC, KPMG and REA Group.
As the leader of Futurespace, Angela is a highly-regarded expert and insightful speaker. Her commitment to the design and delivery of innovative future-focused solutions has positioned her as a well-known thought leader in the industry.
Her unique perspective combined with her extensive knowledge and research has inspired audiences across Australia and all around the world.
Angela is passionate about the built environment and the positive impact it can have on both individuals and corporate communities. Her speaking engagements include case studies from a range of clients including PwC, Google, Microsoft, REA Group, Wotif.com as well as other examples from the technology, financial services and professional services sectors.
She is an award-winning business woman who has been acknowledged for her business acumen and leadership skills, particularly in the area of mentoring and promoting women in a male dominated sector.
In 2012 Angela was presented with the CBRE Businesswoman of the Year Award for her holistic approach to the management of her business. In 2016 Angela was a finalist in the Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards, Private Sector.
She is an advocate for women in the construction industry through her influential role as a long-term committee member and then NSW President of the National Association of Women In Construction (NAWIC) in 2013.
Angela is currently undertaking a PHD at RMIT School of Architecture and Urban Design, Melbourne
Recent Speaking Experience
- Indesign WorkLife, Sydney (2017) Hot Enough to Hashtag: A+D in the Social Media World
- Greenlam, Bangkok, Thailand (2017) Design for Tomorrow
- Denfair (2017), Melbourne The Senses
- Alberta Architects Association, Banff Canada (2016), Designing for Disruption
- Architecture + Design Forecast (2016), Sydney The Future of Workspaces
- MID Melbourne Indesign (2016), Melbourne Design for the Public
- VECCI Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2015), Melbourne Great Workplaces for Employees
- deFrost* Collective Talk 28 (2015), Sydney Happiness and Engagement at Work
- Agile Australia Conference (2015), Sydney People + Place + Technology = The Agile Workplace
- Future of Work Conference; People, Place, Technology (2015), Melbourne Leadership and the Changing Role of Place
- Property Council of Australia (2015), Sydney Redefining the Workplace for 2025
- Dare Festival (2014) Melbourne Physical Space in a Digital World
Interior and Workplace Design
- Using Design to address the 3 Biggest Challenges ALL businesses face
- What is 'FAST DESIGN' and why is it unsustainable?
- Improving People’s Lives through Interior Design
- The Future of Work and Workplace Design
- The Importance of Physical Space in a Digital World
- The Future of Client Spaces and Customer Experience
- How Workplace Design can 'Win the War for Talent'
- How Design can address Leadership and Innovation
- Using Design to Promote Agility, Collaboration and Connectivity
- Why Good Design is Good Business Strategy
- How Interior Design Can Improve Lives
Business leadership and Career
- Being Successful in a Man's World
- Creative Leadership and the Path to Success
- Mentoring and Nurturing Future Talent
Click Here to download Angela's Speaker Profile